Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tying a Tie

I have seen people in movies a hundred times tying a tie and then having the wife tie it becouse they failed at it. My younger brother also found out that he LOVED to wear them and learned how to tie them when going on future interviews. Well, one day I help my mom tie my dad's tie never tying one before but doing it with out much trubles.

Since I am planing on being Maka from Soul Eater, I was in need of a tie and went on a man hunt for the tie. I did find one. (But I got a pattern to make one if it came down to it.)

But when I was looking for this tie I found that there are more ways on tying a tie then I ever thought, some really unique and they each have a name. Yeah, I thought I knew how to tie a tie. I only ever hard, "THIS is how you tie a tie!" Making me think MOST people tie ties like that, I guess. But I thought there could be others who tie ties slightly different, like how I am "Suppose to" do a math problem one way but I in reality did it in another way that got the same answer! I really never gave it much thought that there are many ways to tie a tie for what shirt you are wearing that day, like how women chose a purse to go with their clothes.


The two of the three main tie tying ways are the Windsor, and the Half-Windsor.

Windsor
http://www.cheap-neckties.com
http://briteties.com/halfwindsor.ivnu 

An other main one is the Four-in-Hand.

http://a-la-louche.typepad.fr/tie_knot/2008/06/how-to-tie-a--8.html
No matter where I go I find these three at the top of every list! There are many others out there as well such as the Shell, Atlantic, Onassis, Pratt, Italian, and MANY more can be found in may forms!
There are webpages, blogs, videos, and -believe it or not, an app for you phone or tablet. I would of never thought about an app but this is the modern world that which we live in, there are apps for every thing! And as weird as it may be there is a song called, How to Tie a Tie. No joke!

If you would like to see the sites that I looked through and the links to all that plus movies and apps they fallow below. Good luck on your tie tying!

Webpages (Some with videos on it)
Briteties.com
a-la-louche.typepad.fr
www.wearjack.com
www.cheap-neckties.com
www.medliorate.com

Fellow Bloggers
cool4urs.blogspot.com
www.visualinformation.info

App
How To Tie A Tie

No comments:

Post a Comment