Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Motto of the year, "Simple Life"






Happy New Year! 明けましておめでとう!  새해 복 많이 받으세요!
Bonne année! And 'happy new year' in another languages you know or can think of! ^_^ 





In the flavor of the new year, and all the resolutions that last about a month or so, I like to keep it easy but instead of a resolutions I am doing a Motto, "Easy Living". In Japan when a new emperor is 'crowned' they have a 'motto' for their reign or era. Heisei was the one chosen in 1989 and is the current era; Heisei is intended to mean "peace everywhere".  Now for me, Easy Living is gonging to mean take each day as it comes, (do that anyways) declutter my life and living and mind. So in lite of the decluttering I am going to take this time to go through my recipes and that I have been saving and make them, as for any who knows me I have a janky oven and I do not usually cook so this will be a struggle for me. Going to go through each room in my apartment and get rid of things I don't need or no longer use.



Now for some people this is very Stressful to do, and cooking and getting rid of recipes is time consuming and therefore becoming stressful for me. Letting go to certain things in my life is also hard to do but I have been caring it from place to place and move to move and keeping it is more stressful at this time then letting it go. So how to counter?

Well you can always find tips and tricks that will work best for you in your own life but me, I am a blend of stuff so I take bits of pieces from about anything. Knowing what works best for me is learning more about myself and can be looked as a self journey.

This nice picture I found on Google and has some nice tips and tricks on it that I find most useful to me and my style of life and cleaning!

In the end it is the memories they hold and even if there was a fire and I lost it all or if I give it away or have it stolen I can take photos of it so I remembered what it looked liked but the memory of what happened with the object will always be a memory photo or clutter. And that is something that is helping me move on with my life without it being in my life now.

So here is my 'Simple Living' life and how I plan to make my life more simple by getting rid of what is cluttering it up!

  1. Each month I pick a new room (not forgetting basic stuff in the other rooms) and gut it! For my first room I picked my Bathroom. It is small making it easy to go through and give it the good scrub! (walls and all I can be OCD on the cleaning and it stresses me each year) Also, we all know how much stuff we get around the holydays (i.e. lotions, travel stuff, and meds)  make my 3 piles; keep/recycle, give/sell, and toss. (I make the trash can the toss pile) As much as I hate my self I do make a pile on TBD and carry it around with me to each room so it never leaves my mind and at the end I will see how much I wanted it, if I am tried of carrying it around it goes and still can't get rid of it, it stays.
  2. To power through the saved recipes do one new recipe a week, that gives me 52 recipes. This takes the cooking stress down for me and if I miss a week then I can do 2 the next and so forth.
  3. To get through more recipes, I am doing 1 desert like food a month. If I feel like doing more I can but I don't need to. Now since my stove does not like cakes and cookies from me I will not be doing anything like that till I work out this janky stove.
  4. Upload liked recipes into my online recipe book so that I have it any where I go and take it off the self and box so I can see what other ones I have yet to do.
  5. Wile I sit and enjoy my cats, movie/TV, and food take about 5-10 minuets a day to go through all the papers I have collected over the years and take care of my piles, file or recycle.
On  a separate note, I am going to take a whack at the PopSugar 2017 reading list this year and see what happens, It has been on my to do list like NaNoWriMo (and that didn't go so well with life advents that took place that month) But I will give this a crack just to spice up the simple life!

Happy Going on your better life challenges you made!

No comments:

Post a Comment