Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog - review

Okay, so I was at a friends place playing Settlers of Catan -great game and worth the price! Before we started we watched "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog." I admit, I never heard of it till that night when I was informed that this was made and put onto the internet all during the Writer's Strike. Joss Whedon (writer for Buffy, AngelFirefly, and movies like Avengers and Serenity.) and his family wrote this movie.

Encase you missed that, great shows wear stopped and some shows that had high hopes never got off the ground, same for movies and such. Heroes' 2nd season was cut short because of that and ended up with a poor story line.

But back to Dr. Horrible, It was not what I was thinking when my friend was explaining it to me. At first I thought it might be some lame job or just all around not my cup of tea, but I was wrong.

Things that make a good movie for me is mostly the DIALOG. (if you read the one about 2 good movies you might of noticed that when I talk about them) After comes, "how many people do I know in here?" The MORE I know the more I like it, and usually the newer it is the less I know. X_x The rest after that is up for grabs.

The dialog was okay but the lyrics for the songs were fun and nerdy, making it great in my opinion! The music was also kind of nice, even though I felt like the repeated the same notes a lot. I would of liked a bit more of a verity on the music but I still loved the songs, also keeping in mind that Writer's Strike was happening as well.

I MY WORD! I know SO many people in it and was looking for more in this 45min internet movie! I was very psyched! Which, each actor/actress surprised me that they could sing, the only one I was not surprised of was Neil Patrick Harris, via the Muppet Movie. And I was doubly happy when I knew Miss Day and my friend did not. ^_^

Simon Helberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, and Felicia Day



Encase you do not recognize them you could IMDB them or watch, Big Bang Theory, Firefly/Serenity, How I Meet Your Mother, and The Guild. All are big named but the Guild, that is a Youtube.com series.

Also both Firefly/Serenity and The Guild have comics about them, and ONLY Firefly/Serenity had one season. All very nerdy! 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment