Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Reveiw - Summer on Blossom Street By Debbie Macomber

Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't just jump in the middle of a book series and read/listen to it, but I made a exception for this one. If you listen to audiobooks and you love the radio host Delilah you will love this book. Needles to say, that is way I had to read/listen to this book.

Delilah as a reader was nice and soothing to listen to and was very dramatic in her voice that it made it fun to listen. Only thing that I am said she didn't do well was that her voice seemed to be about the same for every person, but once you get use to it it is okay. Also her voice had enough acting to it so when she had to laugh and talk it was well played and when she had to cry and talk; things like that she was unmatched.

This book is a Delilah book, a lot of things that happen in this book are things that she helps people with when they call into her show. This story was very believable for me, for more then once did I think that she was on her show and trying to help someone.

There are at least 4 different stories going on in this book. A Women who is trying to adopt, A women who's adopted child's unknown parent comes back in her kids life, a woman who is trying to have a child, and a woman who is trying to pick up her life after a bad break-up.

The Women trying to have a child was rarely seen for the book focused mainly on the other 3 women more. It was okay in the long run for I like their stories more then her. With the one who is trying to adopt near the end of the their story I laugh so hard I cried with the sound of Delilah!

The strongest stories that made me laugh and/or cry with those of the Women who is trying to adopt and the women who's adopted child's unknown parent comes back in her kids life. Those two stories were my favorite and I feel the strongest and Delilah was unmatched in them. Surly she was thinking of her own kids when she was reading for you could hear the love and humor in her voice when it came to these two women.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment