Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mind Readers 'n Dinner

On the way home one night I turned on the radio and tuned in for the John Tesh Radio Show. A show that I have found I love and, if I could, would listen to religiously. He has SO many interesting facts and titbits that makes a person look at thing in a new light!

So, while I was listening to him he was talking about waitresses and how they are being trained to "mind read" or as they call it, "Table Reading". All it is is being able to read the body language of the customers so
change you plan of the survive they give. To me, it sounded like the game Dinner Dash in real life!

So when as the "table reading" goes, if you are out on a date how does the waiter know who to give the check to and not seem rude with the growing economy of women paying for things now? Simple. The give it to the person holding the whine menu. At first I didn't think that was true, but I just had a date where I never touched the whine menu and just said, "I will have the same". So yeah that was very right.

Another is what made me think of Dinner Dash, when there is a group of people they tend to stay longer so the waiter/ess will offer more drinks and appetizers to the group were as if there is someone on the phone or has their computer out they will usually skip the appetizers and go strait to the meal. And lastly, you on on your date and the atmosphere is a little heated between you and your date they will tend to say VERY little and only check up when needed and not bug you like they would a group of people out for a good time so they don't make you more mad then you are now.

So summing it up, you have the Teenie Boppers who like to stay long and ask for tons of things, the Business Wo/Men, who are on their phones, and want to be in and out pronto. At one point or-another they all come in as a group! So if you want a glimpse at what it is like to be a waitress, play Dinner Dash it sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment