Thursday, January 3, 2013

Looking Back on the Years and Now Forward ho!

皆さん, よいお年を持っているや明けましておめでとう! Everyone, congratulations on entering the new year and please have a good year! So, 2013 is finally here. Looking back I think that I have lived though an area that will never (hopefully) repeat itself! Yes, I know it is no longer the 1st of the year but it is still the 1st month of the year! I am working on what ever I have... (my computer took a dive and is being fixed)  But on to my thoughts... not that most would care. But looking back on the last 12 years of my life I remember....

Y2k, back when the year 2000 was on the brink of a "world wide" power outage or the "Millennium bug". Basically it would of been much like the TV show Revolution on NBC. I remember My friend's mom having a million types of food that would NEVER go bad in the basement with on a self. The self was much like the selves that my own mother used to store all HER can goods, she did make most of it. All I remember was thinking, "we are never going to get ahead of all this food!" X_x  I think that is way I love this show, it was a "what could of happened but never did." I am a little sad it didn't really happen but in some ways glad. 

As the year 2000 came and left new threats were on the horizon! Mad Cow Disease,West Nile Virus, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, 9/11(USA), 3/11(Japan), threats of ab airborne version of Small Pox, and the dreaded December 21st 2012; the day the Mayan calender ends!



My generation and the one before me has seen AND lived through all of these, few remember some will never forget. The last 12 years as been very busy with people always in panic mode. I might be missing some, but after all those who wants to remember more? Many deaths have happened with each one. Thankfully I never lost anyone to any one of these. I and a few others I know have had the N1H1 (1 of the 3 strands) but it was after the scare. And 9/11, thankfully a new job position took my family that lived there away before the hit. But for me, it felt like Pearl Harbor.

Now a New year has begone, new chances to change the path you were walking on, change your plans! With the end of there year gone and past we are in a new age! Hopefully with less panicking people. But I am proud of all the people who lived through these fears and has come out on top! Our generation is something that people will be looking back and wishing they could of lived with us. (give them a year and they would change their minds) So now what?

Well for me, I am going to make this the year of my life! I am going to do .... about the same thing I have always done... Work, sleep, see the family, work, work, sleep, play a game, work. But somehow through all that I do wanna make it a year that in between that I will make it a blast! So when I look back on it I will be like, "man that was Soooo much FUN!!! Lets do some of it gain?" And I will find a way to do so the next year.

Some things that would make it a blast (but more then likely wont happen) would be a trip to Japan or to land a HUGE part in something that could get my name out there as an actor! Hey, I can dream right?

But for real, my goal for me this year it to learn Hangul (Korean) and keep up with my Nihongo (Japanese) and French so that I will be able to translate music, mangas/books, and movies.Well, that is one goal for me, Studying of foreign languages! -_^




  明けましておめでとう!
새해 복 많이 받으세요!

No comments:

Post a Comment