Thursday, July 10, 2014

Movie Review - Prisoners

Over All Rating: 4.5/5
Make-up: 5/5 (This is of note to me!)

So the other night I went to go see this movie, let me just note that I HAD NO CLUE  that this movie was even made till a friend said, "we are going to see Prisoners!"

And I am a person who says, "okay" a ask very little about it. All I knew was that it was about kids who get kidnapped.... So imagine my surprise when I saw one of my favorite actors, Hugh Jackman. And I remembered why I do not ask much about movies and take what people give me, I LOVE to find people I have seen in other films!

The other person that hit was Alex Jones played by Paul Dano. I know he is not well known but he has a face that one can NOT forget! He was Ford's son in Cowboys and Aliens and was the brainy-ac kid in Knight & Day. For being B type actor he does a REALY good job in his roles. Now, I was surprised of how good his make-up was when he was being beaten, the face swelling and bruises where amazing!

Another person that caught my memory was Jake Gyllenhaal, Detective Loki. Now, sadly, I didn't pick him up as fast as the other two, but I will blame it on that he is beautiful and in this movie his eyes would twitch! I was tying to think of another movie where the hero's eyes would twitch not so much were he was from, but when I sat down to find out who he is I saw he was in Prince of Persia and I knew who he was in it and felt like a blond for not noticing that sooner! I felt the same for Terrence Howard, aka Iron Man/Red Tails. The only thing I could think of was planes when I saw him, it buged me that I could not think of the movie he was in.

Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal) did a great job on acting like a cop. (I think) His hair was cut in a way that would be approved to be warn, nothing around the ears. Nothing bugs me more then seeing a shaggy haired cop in a modern movie! That was a huge plus to the make-up/costume crew

What surprised me was that the two wives didn't ring any bells till I looked up the movie, Viola Davis (also from Knight & Day who I knew Dano from) and the other wife, Maria Bello. When I saw she was Evelyn in the 3rd Mummy movie I knew why I forget her. I did not like her has Evelyn and really wanted the real Evelyn to come back, as many Mummy fans did.

Side people that caught my attention was the son, Dylan Minnette (seen in Awaken TV series) and Bob Taylor played by David Dastmalchian (Batman: Dark Knight). Why do they have a face I can't forget that makes me try to think where have I seen them? I don't know.

So far this is all one BIG rant on people I enjoyed seeing in here and some I should of known and very little of the movie! So as for the movie, GREAT! They did real well in getting the little things right on and how people react to something to devastating as having your kids taken from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment