Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sailor Moon, Moon Crystal Review! ^_^v




 
Hello Again! For all those Sailor Moon fans you know these 2 logos, and like myself have been waiting for the long awaited reboot to Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Crystals) has stared! Has a Sailor Moon fan girl, I for one was not sure how I would feel about this remake. But hey Full Metal Alchemist did that with Brotherhood and people LOVED it! So I have hope!

So let me start with tell you all how I became a fan of Sailor Moon. I first received a gift with the head of Sailor Moon on it wishing I could see the show that this came off of the when I was around 11/12 we got Dish and I saw for the first time the US version of Sailor Moon! I have never been the same again!!! ^_^ Some my say this was the down fall for my love of anime some may not call it such but was the gate way to a new world!

Now as any fan now knows is that the names were changed and that there were MANY episodes that never made the cross over. The names we had were Serena Tsukino (Usagi Tsukino) Amy Mizuno (Ami Mizuno), Raye Hino (Rei Hino), Lita Kino (Makoto Kino), Mina Aino (Minako Aino) and Darien Shields (Mamoru Chiba), Trista Meioh (Setsuna Meioh), Amara Tenoh (Haruka Tenoh), Michelle Kaioh (Michiru Kaioh), Hotaru Tomoe! From here you can tell that Darien/Mamiru had the BIGEST change then Lita/Makoto, Trisa/Setsuna, Amara/Haruka, and Serena/Usagi. The rest staid pritty close to spelling and/or pronounced. The ONLY one who got to keep her name UNCHANGED was Hotaru (Sailor Satern). And that was only because the it was dubbed later and by then the names weren't changing to some weird American one. lol

We lost many episodes for the US was not ready to show some things and thought they should be masked over and or not even shown. In the first season ALONE we lost 5 and then the last 2 in the org. Japanese were cut/pasted to make it ONE last one for the US! And NEVER showed the Sailor Moon Stars season... there was no way around that one to change it for "family viewing." You fans know what I mean.
Since my mother HATED anime/manga I did not get a chance to read them and at the time looking for the online to read would only get me yelled at since it would tie up the phone line and it was in the main room were everyone was always at. So I would look for things like what Wiki is now!

Since I was/am a huge fan, I decided to watch the first episode to see what I think and how much is it like the old version. And to my surprise, I remembered it all and heard the American names and not the Japanese ones. And then decided I wanted t do something that would be fun since it has been so long since I have seen Sailor Moon. I will watch the new one then watch the old ones and read the manga to compare them!

So far I REALLY HATE the new transformation (and so do a lot/most of the other fans I have seen online) for adding a random cell shading 3D is one of the dumbest looking things I have seen! I am not a HUGE fan of the new animation if you look at one photo online look at Sailor Moon, she has her leg bent is such an UNREAL way it creeps me out and in her transformation her wrist bends weird too! She is also pandering to the "stick" crowds, I loved the old animation for she looks more real with more meat on her bones. But love that they kept the org names and REALLY missed the old US names.

So far I can tell you, that the old one was closer to animation style but the new one is closer to the costumes they had and that it is also closer to the story line in the manga. Were as episode 2 in Crystal and act 2/chapter 2 in the manga are the same were has episode 2(JP)/2(US) are not it is not until episode 8(JP)/5(US) for when they get to see Ami/Amy.

If you want to do the same thing Hulu has the Japanese version out there for free and if you look hard enough you can find the old English one out there on Youtube!


Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment