Friday, January 9, 2015

Reveiw - Rosario + Vampire

Happy New Year! It is a brand new year and did not get as much in learning Korean/Hangul as much as I wanted. I can read it with help now though! And lost more Japanese/Nihongo. Oh well, this is a new year and I will try again to get farther.... in between jobs.

Well, I don't know about you all, but to bring in my new year I watch a show called Rosario + Vampire. For those of you who know what the show is like, you might ask why on EARTH did you watch that? Well, I am a gluten for punishment and I will watch just about anything anime or with Vampires.... (Do to this I saw Twilight and thought about blinding myself for that crap! -sorry fans)

Another reason is it is one of my friends favorite anime, she calls it her guilty pleasure show. She really wasn't far off on that idea. I have heard from other people the same thing. So, if you like LOTS of undergarments shots and boob shots this is your show! But if you are of the faint of heart -or innocent minded, I would not recommend this for you!

So what is this show about? -Besides the underwear and boob shots? Well, it is about a human boy who ends up (by mistake) going to a high school meant for monsters! On his way to school he runs into a pink haired girl and they become fast friends even though she is a Vampire. In next few episode you meet a new monster girls who falls for the poor dumb human and quickly becomes a harem like show... like Tenchi or Ah, My Goddess.

Rubi Tojo
Over all the show is not all bad but there are MANY spots I could not understand what they were thinking?

For example, there is this girl, Rubi Tojo, they show in the opening of the first season but it is not til you are near the end that you meet her and from there on out she is still a VERY small part in the story yet the show her all the time! And then in the Second Season she is not AT ALL the same person! She is always going on about how her helping Jon Doe out is a "Long Story." Now, I did like her in the first season but drove me nuts in the second!

Kurumu

In the second episode of the first season Kurumu here says she is the on the endangered spices list... and is NEVER addressed again! Matter of fact you later see her mother. You never really see more then one of the same monster but wolves and vamps. So how many are "endangered"? And can monsters become endangered? I feel like there could be more of story with her and her kind yet they leave it hanging.... This bugged me but not really needed in the grand scheme of things.


I think the character I had the most trouble with is Tsukune AND both Mokas. In this one scene near the end of season one Tsukune is killed and the "vampire" Moka gives him her blood and at some point she flicks his nose and then later on yet the "nice" Moka does the same and he asked himself if he was falling for the "Vampire" Moka.... This isn't really flushed out till season 2. Later in season 2 the "nice" one notes that her "other half" is in love with him too.

 
The white haired Moka is the "real" Moka and the pink haired was made to "protect her." Protect her from whom by masking her power? NOT REALLY stated.... But yet in season 2 the pink Moka is her own person made by her rosary.









Here are others rants about RV and other fun titbits about the Word "ECCHI" and why the different kinds of underwear shots!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Headscratchers/RosarioToVampire
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/discussion.php?id=2j0mdgd45imnjdntv3z24oft
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecchi

No comments:

Post a Comment