Thursday, April 23, 2020

Discovering the World of Tremors




Back in the 1990s there was a movie called Tremors and since then there has been 6, yes 6 other movies to this series. I knew of 4 and thought I saw something about a 5th once and as I was power through these that dropped on Netflix I found a 6th Tremor movie, and as I was looking up some images I saw they are making a 7th movie!


If you have never watched any of the Tremor movies I will let you know now the first one is the best of the set and unless you want more of this world 2 and 3 is where you can stop if you even wanted to make it that far.


So here it is my over view!



In the first movie from 1990, we find a set of people in a little valley village, and each one makes their mark one way or another though out the full run of the series.

In this one, not only is Kevin Bacon in this first one with a list of other actors I am not to well educated about but also the country singer Reba McEntire. Keven Bacon and his fried start the movie with fun banter with each other like best friends. And then through in a girl, and the banter is on!

The store owner (as will be in all others) is of Asian decent and seems to be friends with a native american who also lives in the village.

You then have the village idiot  and other smaller villagers that are only in for a second or 2, the punk kid that everyone what to punch, and then a single mom and her child..

Then comes in Reba McEntire and her husband. another great duo in this film other then Keven and his friend. The way her and Micheal Gross are as husband and wife is, I feel the best dynamic to add to this film and is mist in the other films

In Tremors 2: Aftershock you have Fred Ward (Keven Bacon's friend in the first movie) and Micheal Gross team up to fight the next evolution of these ground warms in Mexico. In this film you hear about them as comic books and arcade games.  I found this fun side story and in truth wrapped up the story line for me and Fred Ward's character.

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection takes us back to the small village and brings back the village people that made it out alive in the first film and bringing us a few new people as well. In this one they really hit hard the impact of this film and how these worms now have turned the town into a theme park adventure till things get rough.

here is where I would say we could end our tail and the evolution of these worms but there is more!

We go back with a prequel in Tremors 4: the legend begins to when the small town was built and seeing most everyone's ancestors for the townies in the first and 3rd movie movie and you get to see all 3 versions of the worms. Was this needed? I don't feel like it was and also I feel it made some plot holes, but that is me.



And if you thought we where done, with how these worms morph as it showed in the prequel you are wrong! In Tremors 5: Bloodlines we find Burt (Micheal Gross) going to Africa with a new friend that has a fun secret of his own that you find out later. I did like his lines hinting towards this secret he keeps and it makes sense after he spills the beans. And yes there is one more morph but not like the others, it is more like and adaption to the environment. The one thing I really like about this film was the adding of Jamie Kennedy's character Travis.


The banter between Burt and Travis is fun to watch.

In Tremors 6: Cold Day in Hell. Well now the two head on ward to Canada in the colder clement to the next and maybe last chance? I find this is the worst of the 6 with the biggest plot holes when it come to the worms and ice. One fun thing I did like was the child of Keven Bacon's character in the first movie is the one that calls Burt.

And just when you thought they where done, I found a TV series that is on YouTube!

If you still would like more Tremors they are in the works of making one more, Tremors 7. In this one you have Burt and an island... SO what I found on good ol' IMDB is that someone rich person takes some of these Graboids (Tremors gen 2) for a fun hunting sport. I am getting the feeling that this is going to be like Jurassic park but with the Tremor family!

No comments:

Post a Comment